Can I Return Clothes to Walmart?
Many shoppers have wondered, “Can I return clothes to Walmart?” You can, but there are some basic conditions. Generally speaking, you can return clothes to Walmart with a valid proof of purchase within the return period specified on the receipt.
Return Policy At Walmart
Walmart offers a liberal return policy, similar to other large retailers. All items purchased at a Walmart store or online at Walmart.com can be returned in store or mail within 90 days of purchase. Here are some key points to remember:
- All items must have a valid proof of purchase and be in the original packaging with all components.
- Open food items cannot be returned.
- Apparel and accessories must be unwashed and unworn.
- Clothing items must have original tags still attached.
Exceptions to the policy
Even with a valid proof of purchase, there are some items that are not returnable. This includes items such as:
- Gift cards
- Motorized vehicles and equipment
- Cell phones
- Opened media (video games, DVDs, CDs, software)
- Special-order merchandise
What happens if I can’t return the item?
If you cannot return an item to Walmart, you may be eligible to receive a replacement or exchange instead. For example, if you purchase a shirt but it is the wrong size, you can exchange it for the correct size. If the item is defective, you may be eligible to receive a refund or exchange.
In conclusion, you can return clothes to Walmart with a valid proof of purchase. Most items must have tags still attached, and be unwashed and unworn. However, not all items can be returned, such as special-order items and opened media. If an item is defective or too small/large, you may be eligible for a replacement or exchange instead.