Selling Clothes to Goodwill
Do you have some clothes that you no longer want or need? You may be thinking, “Can I sell my clothes to Goodwill?”. The answer is yes!
Goodwill is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping people in their local community who are facing challenges to finding employment. Goodwill encourages donations of new and gently used items that are then re-sold or recycled to raise funds. This is why Goodwill accepts donated items like clothes, books, toys and furniture that can be resold.
Benefits of Selling Clothes to Goodwill
- Helps Those in Need: Donations to Goodwill support job training and other services for people in need within the community.
- Eco-Friendly: By donating your clothing items to Goodwill, you reduce the amount of products sent to landfills.
- Convenience: Goodwill has multiple locations across the country, making it easy to drop off your donation.
What Items are Accepted as Donations?
Goodwill accepts donations of gently used items like clothing, accessories, furniture, toys, electronics, books and more. You can donate items that are in good condition. However, be aware that they may not be able to accept items that are stained, have missing parts, and don’t work.
How to Sell Clothes to Goodwill
- Bring your items to your local Goodwill store.
- A staff member will review your donation and decide whether or not to accept it.
- When your donation is accepted, you will receive a receipt for tax purposes.
Selling clothes to Goodwill is a great way to reduce the amount of waste in the environment, support the community, and even get a tax deduction. With its easy donation process and wide range of accepted items, Goodwill is an excellent place to donate your unwanted clothes.