Can I Sell My Clothes to Goodwill?
Yes! Goodwill accepts donations of gently used clothing and other items to be sold in its retail stores. Your clothing donations help individuals in your community to gain work skills and improve their employment opportunities.
How Do I Donate My Clothes to Goodwill?
You can donate your unwanted clothes directly to Goodwill in one of several ways:
- Bring your clothes to a Goodwill location. Use the Goodwill Locator to find the store nearest you.
- Schedule a pickup. Goodwill offers convenient pickup options for donations.
- Utilize home pick up services. Several home pick-up services allow you to schedule a pickup for donations.
What Kinds of Clothing Can I Donate?
Most gently used clothing, including shoes and accessories, can be donated to Goodwill. However, some restrictions apply.
- Clothing must be $15 or less per item.
- Clothing must be in very good condition, with no stains or tears.
- Clothing can not be outdated or damaged (torn or missing buttons).
- Not all items may be accepted at the store’s discretion.
What Happens to My Donated Clothing?
Your donated clothing is sold in Goodwill stores to help fund job training programs in your community. These programs help individuals gain the skills needed to find and retain employment and become self-sufficient. Your clothes donations can truly make a difference in someone’s life!