Can I Use Dawn To Wash My Clothes?
Dawn is a dishwashing detergent that has been around since the 1970s. It is known for cutting grease and being effective at washing dishes. But can Dawn also be used to wash clothes?
Pros of Using Dawn to Wash Clothes
- Economical – Dawn is incredibly affordable and is typically much cheaper than laundry detergents.
- Gentle – its low pH level makes it milder than traditional laundry detergents, which are often harsher.
- Effective – it cuts through tough dirt and grease, and is known to be particularly effective on gym clothes.
Cons of Using Dawn to Wash Clothes
- Color – Dawn will strip away the color of some fabrics, unless you take special care.
- Residue – because Dawn is designed to be used in a dishwasher and not a washing machine, it can create residue on clothes if not used in the correct amount.
- Compatibility – certain types of fabric may not be compatible with Dawn, so always check the label before using.
Overall, you can use Dawn to wash your clothes. But before doing so, it’s important to take into consideration the pros and cons outlined above.