Cleaning Your Clothes on New Year’s Eve
With New Year’s Eve just around the corner, you may be wondering what your plans are for the big night. However, amidst the preparations and festivities, don’t forget to take care of the mundane tasks such as laundry. Having a clean and fresh outfit to wear can certainly lift your spirits and make your New Year even better! Here are some tips on how to get your clothing washed and dried in time for the celebrations.
Washing Your Clothes
The method of washing your clothes on New Year’s Eve depends on the type of clothes you plan to wear. Here is a checklist:
- Delicate Clothing: If you are washing delicate garments such as silk, it is best to hand-wash them with a mild laundry detergent. Hang the garments to air-dry and avoid machine washing them.
- Dry-Clean Only Clothes: Unless you have the time to take them to the laundromat, avoid washing dry-clean only clothes.
- Machine Washable Clothes: If your planned outfit is machine washable, you can simply include it in your regular washing cycle.
Once you have washed your clothes, it’s time to dry them. Here are some tips on that:
- Hang Dry: If clothes are labeled as hang dry, air drying outside is the best option. Make sure you hang the garments out of direct sunlight in order to avoid fading.
- Tumble Dry: Garments labeled as tumble dry can easily be dried in the in a dryer. Check the instructions and choose the lowest temperature setting to avoid shrinkage.
If you are running short on time and do not have the time to do laundry, here are a few alternative options:
- Borrow Clothes: From a friend or family member whose style is similar to yours, borrow some party clothes so you don’t leave the house looking empty-handed.
- Wash and Wear Clothes: Invest in items that look stylish and require minimal maintenance. Choose outfits that can easily be washed and are quick-drying to avoid any last minute hustle.
As the New Year arrives, it can be overwhelming for you to manage your daily chores alongside making the necessary arrangements for the celebrations. But with these tips and tricks, you can easily find a way to get your clothes washed and dried in time for the big night.
Happy New Year!