Can I Wash Clothes on New Year’s Eve?
New Year’s Eve brings exciting opportunities to ring in the holiday with friends and family. Trying to time things just right for the best end of the year can cause a person to be so busy, people may forget a task or two. One of those tasks might be a load of laundry. So, the question remains—Can I wash clothes on New Year’s Eve?
When to Wash Clothes
Whether you’re going out on the town, hosting a big gathering, or just want to feel refreshed after the holiday season, knowing when to wash clothes can help you plan accordingly. Here are a few tips:
- 1 Week Before New Year’s Eve – Start tackling laundry early if you plan on washing clothes for special New Year’s Eve events. Starting early will give you the best chance at having all of your clothes ready.
- 1-2 Days Before New Year’s Eve – If you’re running out of time, try staggering your loads so that all of your washing gets done. Wash the items that need to be done first, such as items for special occasions.
- New Year’s Eve – For those who may have forgotten to do any laundry, washing clothes on New Year’s Eve is a viable possibility. Start by sorting and starting the wash a bit earlier to give yourself enough time for hanging and drying.
Preparing for Success
If you choose to take on the challenge, here are some tips to make the process more successful:
- Set a Timer – Set an alarm or timer to remind yourself to switch, hang, and dry your clothes before the big night.
- Gather Supplies – Have a laundry caddy filled with laundry soap, fabric softener, clothes pins, drying racks, and the like, ready when it’s time to do laundry.
- Choose the Right Load for You – Heavy loads of towels and bedding may take longer to dry, so focus on lighter items if time is of the essence.
Overall, it is possible to wash clothes on New Year’s Eve as long as you plan ahead and give yourself plenty of time. It may be a bit of a rush, but if you follow the tips above, you should have some happy, clean clothes to say goodbye to 2019 in style.