Washing Your Sheets With Your Clothes
Do you ever find yourself asking, “Can I wash my sheets with my clothes?” It’s a common question, especially with space-saving living in mind. But before you get that load of laundry ready, you should know some of the pros and cons of washing your sheets with your clothes.
- Space-saving: Washing your sheets and clothes together saves time and energy.
- Cost-saving: You can save money by only filling the washing machine partially.
- Declutter: You won’t have to worry about where to store those bulky sheets.
- Damage: Depending on the material, washing sheets with clothes may cause damage.
- Color: Dark and/or brightly colored sheets may cause color-transfer onto your clothes.
- Wear: Washing bulky sheets with clothes may cause increased wear and tear on your clothes.
Before you attempt to wash your sheets with your clothes, make sure that you understand the damage it may cause. Do your research and look at the washing machine and sheet labels to check the materials and washing instructions. You should also assess the size of your washing machine and the amount of laundry you need to wash and take extra care to avoid any potential damage to your clothes.
Ultimately, you should make the decision that works best for you and your space. If you wish to wash your sheets with your clothes, ensure that you do it properly and safely.