Can Oil Come Out of Clothes?
Have you ever been about to put on your favorite shirt, only to discover an oil stain on it? Many of us have been in this position at one time or another – and have wondered if there’s any way to get the oil out of our precious clothes.
The good news is that it is possible to get oil out of clothes, but it requires a bit of time and a few simple ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Dish soap: Use your favorite dish soap.
- Baking soda: Enough to create a paste.
- An old toothbrush: An old toothbrush will work best.
- First, apply dish soap directly to the oil stain and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Then, mix baking soda with a small amount of water to create a paste, and apply it to the stain.
- Once the paste has been applied, use the toothbrush to scrub the stain.
- Once you’ve scrubbed the area, rinse it out with cold water.
- Finally, launder the clothing as normal.
By following these simple steps, you can easily remove oil stains from your favorite clothes. The key is to act quickly, as leaving the oil on the clothing for too long can make the stain more difficult to remove. With a bit of time and patience, you should be able to get your clothing looking good as new.