Can Soy Sauce Stains Clothing?
If you love Asian food, you might find yourself occasionally dealing with an unfortunate soy sauce stain. This once common accident is even more likely when using Kikkoman, which is the most popular brand of soy sauce in the United States. Although dealing with a soy sauce stain can be a challenge, there are steps you can take to get your fabrics back to normal.
Tips for Removing Soy Sauce Stains
- Act fast! The sooner you take steps to remove a soy sauce stain, the better chance you will have of success.
- Blot the stain with a damp cloth or, alternatively, with a dab of soapy water on a clean cloth.
- Treat the area with a solution containing either vinegar, lemon juice, or hydrogen peroxide and water.
- Pat the area gently with a paper towel before rinsing.
- Wash the garment according to instructions on the item label.
- Repeat steps as needed.
- Air dry the garment and examine the stain.
Although soy sauce stains can be a real nuisance, following these simple steps will help you keep your clothing looking as good as new. The key is to act fast and to test the treatment on a small, hidden spot of the fabric before employing it across the entire stain. With patience and persistence, you should be able to get the soy sauce out of your clothing and keep it looking clean and fresh.