How to Remove Candle Wax from Clothes
Accidents happen and when it happens that a wax from a candle has landed on your shirt; don’t fret because there are several possibilities for removing candle wax from clothes.
Using an Iron
- Carefully place a brown paper bag on the wax stain.
- Set the iron to low heat, do not use steam.
- Blot the paper bag with the iron, let the heat melt the wax.
- Using a butter knife, carefully scrape off the melted wax and paper bag.
- Repeat the steps until the wax is completely removed.
Using a Freezer
- Lay the clothing on a flat surface.
- Place a plastic bag over the wax stain.
- Using an ice cube, rub the wax until it hardens.
- Use a butter knife to gently scrape off the frozen wax.
- Apply a bit of mineral oil, cooking oil, or olive oil on the fabric.
- Let the oil sit on the wax for several minutes, enough time for the oil to soften the wax.
- Using a butter knife, carefully scrape off the melted wax.
- With a cloth, dab the wax remaining on the fabric with a bit of rubbing alcohol.
- Rinse the solvent-treated fabric with cold water.
- Let the fabric air dry.
Removing candle wax from clothes can sometimes be a hassle. But with a little patience and the right technique, you can easily get rid of wax stains on clothing and other fabric.