How to Remove Chapstick Stains From Clothes
Chapstick is a great way to keep your lips moisturized in the winter, but it can sometimes leave staining on clothes that can be difficult to get rid of. Fortunately, there are some simple steps you can take to remove the stains without causing damage to your clothing.
What You’ll Need:
- Paper Towel
- Dishwashing Detergent
- Baking Soda
Removing a Chapstick Stain
- Gently scrape off any excess lip balm with a paper towel.
- Apply a small amount of a dishwashing detergent to the stained area and blot with a damp cloth.
- Rinse the area with cold water and blot again with a paper towel.
- Mix equal parts vinegar and baking soda, then apply it to the stain. Allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse the area with cold water and blot dry with a paper towel.
- Repeat steps 2-5 until the stain is completely gone.
- Wash the item according to the care instructions.
Tips & Tricks:
- Do not use hot water as this may cause the stain to set into the fabric.
- Choose a detergent that is formulated for handwashing.
- Do not rub the stained area as this may cause the stain to spread.
- Always treat the stain as soon as possible.
When dealing with a chapstick stain, it’s best to act quickly and be patient. With the right techniques and supplies, the stain will be gone in no time.