How to get Food Coloring out of Clothes
Accidentally spilling food coloring onto clothing can be a major disaster. But the good news is that there are a few simple solutions you can try in order to remove the dye from your articles of clothing.
Things You Need
Before beginning this process, be sure to have the following items on hand:
- White vinegar
- Dish soap
- Baking soda
- Hydrogen peroxide
Follow these steps to effectively remove food coloring stains from clothes:
- Blot the stained fabric with a cloth or paper towel to remove any excess liquid.
- Mix dish soap with a few drops of white vinegar, then apply the mixture to the stained fabric. Be sure to check the clothing label first to make sure vinegar won’t damage the material.
- Let the mixture sit on the stain for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the stained area with cold water.
- Repeat steps 2-4 if necessary.
- If the stain persists, mix one tablespoon of baking soda with two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide and apply to the stained area. Allow to sit for several minutes then rinse.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 until the stain is gone.
With these easy steps, you should be able to get food coloring out of your clothes in no time!