How to Get Latex Paint Out of Clothes
If your clothes have been stained by latex paint, fear not! There is a way to rescue your clothes from disaster and make them look as good as new.
What You’ll Need
- Laundry detergent
- Stain remover
- Old toothbrush
- Bowl of warm water
Steps to Follow
- Lay your garment on a flat surface like your kitchen counter and brush off any excess paint.
- Mix one tablespoon of laundry detergent with a cup of warm water in a bowl. Apply the mixture onto the stained area using an old toothbrush. Gently work the mixture into the garment with the brush and let it sit for several minutes.
- Rinse off the detergent. To rinse off the detergent, use cool water, not hot. Place the garment in the sink and rinse it with cool water until the water runs clear. To make sure all the detergent is out of the garment, rinse it again with warm water.
- If the latex paint is still present, apply a stain remover to the area. Rub it into the stain with a cloth and let it sit for several minutes.
- Soak the garment in warm water with a laundry detergent. Let the garment soak for 30 minutes and then rinse it with cool water.
- Once the stain is gone, machine-wash the garment with a laundry detergent on a cold cycle. Hang the garment to let it air-dry it or use a dryer on a low setting.
Hopefully, these steps will help you get the latex paint out of your clothes so you can wear them again. Good luck!