How To Remove Muddy Stains From Clothes?
We have all been there. Getting stuck in a mud and dirtying our clothes or shoes. It can be an annoying experience. But not to worry, it can be solved with a few simple steps.
What you will need:
- Laundry detergent
- Oil based cleaner (like a grease solvent)
- Dish-washing liquid
- Soft scrub
- Tooth brush
- Start with laundry detergent: Start by pre-treating the muddy stain with laundry detergent. Let it sit for 10 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
- Oil based cleaner: For more stubborn mud stains mix a tablespoon of grease solvent (petroleum jelly, kerosene, mineral spirits) and laundry detergent. Apply on the stain, rub it in and let it sit for a few minutes before washing it.
- Dish-washing liquid: For delicate fabrics it is best to use dish-washing liquid and cold water. Apply the paste on the stain and rub it in. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
- Soft scrub: If the stain is still not removed, use a soft scrub and scrub it gently until the stain is gone.
- Tooth brush: If all else fails use a tooth brush with a bit of water and scrub the stained area.
Getting mud out of clothes can be a daunting task but with the right ingredients and steps, it is possible. All you need is laundry detergent, oil based cleaners, dish-washing liquid, soft scrub and a toothbrush. It may take a few rounds of cleaning depending on the intensity of the mud stain, but it will eventually come out.