It’s Possible to Remove Grease Stains From Clothing!
Grease stains on clothing can be quite frustrating, especially if you’re unsure of how to deal with them. Luckily, it’s easier than you think to get rid of grease stains and restore your clothing items back to their former glory. Read on for our top tips on how to remove old grease stains from your clothes:
Tips for Removing Grease Stains From Clothing
- Pre-treat the stain: Pre-treating the stain with an enzyme detergent or pre-wash stain remover is key. This breaks down the grease so that it’s easier to remove once you launder it.
- Dishwashing detergent: Create an emulsion solution of one part warm water and one part dishwashing detergent. Pour the solution over the stained area and rub it in. Leave the solution to sit on the fabric for up to 30 minutes.
- Rinse and launder: Rinse the area with cold water, then dip it in a bucket of water with a liquid laundry detergent. Squeeze the fabric, rather than agitating it, then rinse it again.
- Soak it: If the stain remains, soak the fabric in a bucket of cold water and liquid laundry detergent overnight. In the morning, rinse it off and launder as usual.
What NOT to Do
- Don’t use hot water- this could set the stain.
- Don’t scrub the fabric- this could cause it to loosen, resulting in a hole.
- Don’t dry the fabric if there’s any stain remaining- this could cause it to set into the fabric.
It’s far from impossible to remove old grease stains from clothing. With a bit of elbow grease, the right materials and a bit of patience, you can get your clothing items looking as good as new in no time.