Can You Get Pen Out of Clothes?
Although it may seem like the end of the world when you accidentally get ink on your clothes, it’s not! Getting pen out of clothes is possible with the correct approach.
Steps to Getting Pen Out of Clothes
- Act Quickly – As soon as you notice the ink on your clothes, get it taken care of. Time is of the essence as the longer you take, the more likely the extra ink will stain your clothing.
- Blot the Stain – Use a clean white cloth to blot the area where the pen has been placed and be careful not to spread the ink further. Also, do not rub the cloth as this may cause the ink to spread.
- Use a Nail Polish Remover – Opt for a nail polish remover that does not contain acetone as this can be too abrasive and damage the fabric of your clothing. Apply the nail polish remover on the affected area and rub it gently until the pen is removed.
- Try a Bleach Solution – If an acetone-free nail polish remover does not work, you can try a bleach solution. Mix equal parts of bleach and water and follow the same procedure as mentioned in step three.
- Wash the Clothing – Once you think the stain has been removed, immediately soak the clothing in cold water for at least 30 minutes. Afterwards, wash the clothing normally and let it air dry.
Getting pen ink out of clothing can be a difficult task but it is definitely possible. Using the steps listed above, you can get the pen out of your clothes with minimal fuss. Just make sure to act quickly and take your clothing to a professional cleaner if necessary.