Can You Get Pink Out of White Clothes?
have you ever had a wardrobe mishap and coloured your favourite white shirt by mistake? Or had a bright eyed toddler, who has mistaken your favourite white jeans for a canvas, coincidentally armed with a pink coloured marker? If you are looking for a solution on how to get the stubborn pink stain out of your white clothes, you have come to the right place!
Options to Get Pink Out of White Clothes
There are a few essential steps you can take to remove the pink stain from your clothes:
– one of the most popular and reliable methods to remove pink and other colours stains from white clothes is by using bleach. Simply apply it to the stain and wash it in the usual manner.
- Shaving cream
– surprisingly, when used on white clothes, shaving cream is effective in removing a pink stain. Apply the cream on the stain – ensure it is fully covered – and then wash as usual.
- Lemon juice
– for light pink stains, lemon juice can be a true savior. Simply apply some juice on a cloth and rub it on the stain. Afterwards, it is a good idea to rinse the affected area and let the clothes dry in the sun.
Tips to Prevent Pink Stains
To avoid similar situations in the future, there are a couple of tips you can follow:
- Always check the material and washing instructions of your clothes before using any of the cleaning methods mentioned above.
- Apart from the aforementioned methods, you should never combine any chemicals, except for detergents.
- If the stain does not come off quickly, let the fabric soak for about 15 minutes.
- If the stain persists, take the clothes to the dry cleaners.
In conclusion, depending on the severity of the stain, you can experiment with the aforementioned methods and clean the pink stain off your white clothes in an easy and efficient way. Be aware of the tips given, to help prevent these mishaps from occurring in the future.