Can You Get Tattoo Ink Out Of Clothes?
Have you recently spilt some tattoo ink on your clothing? If so, you may be wondering if you can get it out.
The good news is that, although it isn’t always possible, it’s certainly possible to get tattoo ink out of clothes, or other fabrics.
Steps You Can Take To Remove Tattoo Ink Out Of Clothes:
- Soak the fabric: Soaking the fabric in cool or lukewarm water can help loosen the dye. However, it’s important to bear in mind that this method may not work for all fabrics, and could even result in the dye setting permanently.
- Pre-treat the stain: Pre-treat the affected area with some pre-wash stain remover, laundry detergent, or liquid dish soap. Then rinse with cold water.
- Wash normally: Wash the garment in the hottest temperature safe for the fabric with a heavy duty detergent.
- Repeat the methods if the stain is still there: If the stain is still visible, repeat the above steps as often as needed until the stain is gone or faded.
Tips To Prevent And Protect Yourself From Tattoo Ink On Clothes
- Wear old clothes: If possible, always wear old clothes when getting a tattoo. This way, any ink that could get onto your clothing won’t matter, as the clothing can be tossed out afterward.
- Cover up: If you’re getting a sleeve or arm tattoo, it’s a good idea to wear a long-sleeve shirt or jacket for protection.
- Protect clothes with a plastic bag: When you’re getting a large tattoo, try covering your clothes with a plastic bag. This will help protect them from any accidents.
To sum up, it is possible to get tattoo ink out of clothes, or other fabrics. There are a few steps you can take, though they may or may not work. It’s also a good idea to take extra precautions to prevent any ink from getting onto your clothes in the first place.