Can You Put Clothes on Layaway at Walmart?
Yes, you can put select clothes on layaway at Walmart stores in the United States. This layaway program gives customers the opportunity to purchase items even if they cannot pay the full amount in one go.
How Does Walmart’s Layaway Program Work?
If you want to purchase clothes and related items at Walmart and pay them in installments, here’s what you need to know:
- You can put clothes and footwear on layaway, as well as some baby items, including cribs and strollers, and select toys.
- The items should cost between $10 and $300.
- You will need to pay a 10% deposit at the time of placing your order. The remaining amount should be paid within three months.
- You can pay for the item in installments, as long as you make payments every two weeks and your account balance is fully paid off within three months.
- If you fail to make payments on the due date, late fees of $10 or 10% of the balance, whichever is greater, will be applied.
How to Use Walmart’s Layaway Program
If you wish to purchase clothes on layaway at Walmart, here’s what you need to do:
- Visit the Walmart store and select your items.
- Take your items to the customer service desk.
- At the desk, pay the 10% deposit.
- Fill out the layaway agreement.
- Pay off the remaining 90% balance in installments.
- On the due date of your last installment, pick up your items from the same customer service desk.
You will still be able to return your items even after the layaway period, subject to Walmart’s return policies.
So, to summarize, you can put select clothes and related items on layaway at Walmart stores in the United States. Walmart makes this process straightforward with the 10% deposit, three-month payment plan, and customer service desk pickup.