How to Remove Oil Stains from Clothes
Oil stains on clothing can ruin a great outfit, but there are some easy tips and tricks for removing them. Here’s a quick guide to getting rid of those pesky oil spots:
- Start by applying detergent or liquid dish soap directly on the stain.
- Using your fingers, massage the detergent into the stain, working it in in a circular motion.
- Once the detergent has been completely worked into the stain, let the clothes sit for 10-20 minutes.
- Rinse the clothes with cold water before washing them.
Using Baking Soda
- To remove oil stains using baking soda, first add baking soda directly to the stain.
- Mix the baking soda and water together to form a paste.
- Using your fingers, massage the paste into the stain in a circular motion.
- Let the paste sit for 10-20 minutes before rinsing the clothes with cold water.
- Once the stain has been removed, you can then wash the clothes as usual.
Using Baby Powder
- One of the most effective ways to remove oil stains is by using baby powder.
- Start by sprinkling the baby powder directly on the stain.
- Using your fingers, massage the powder into the stain in a circular motion.
- Let the powder sit for 10-20 minutes before brushing it off.
- Once the oil stain has been removed, you can then wash the clothes as usual.
These are just a few of the many ways you can remove oil stains from clothes. With a little bit of patience and the right technique, you can easily get rid of those pesky oil stains and restore your clothes back to their original condition.