Can You See Bed Bugs On Clothes?
Bed bugs are tiny, wingless parasites that burrow into human skin in order to feed on the blood. As a result, these pests can spread quickly and easily in homes, hotels, and anywhere else people sleep. Unfortunately, it is possible to see bed bugs on clothes.
Are Bed Bugs Visible On Clothes?
Yes. Bed bugs are visible to the naked eye, and they can be seen crawling on clothes. They are typically between 1-7mm in length, with a flattened, reddish-brown body and antennae. They may be particularly noticeable on light or bright-colored materials, as they differ in color from the fabric.
Why Do Bed Bugs End Up On Clothes?
Bed bugs feed off of human skin, so they are drawn to areas where human beings tend to sleep. This includes mattresses, bedding, and clothing.
What Should You Do If You See Bed Bugs on Clothing?
If you spot bed bugs on clothing, it is important to take action immediately. Here are a few tips to help you get rid of bed bugs on clothing:
- Vacuum: Vacuum the infested area, then empty and discard the vacuum cleaner bag.
- Wash: Place clothes that have been infested in a hot water washer.
- Dry: Dry the clothes on the highest dryer setting possible.
- Inspect: Carefully inspect all other clothing in the home.
- Seek help: If the infestation is widespread, seek professional help from a pest control specialist.
Bed bugs on clothing can be a nuisance, but with swift action and the proper precautions, you can get rid of them quickly. Always remember to inspect clothing and other items for signs of bed bugs on a regular basis, and take steps to reduce the risk of infestation.