Can you Spray Essential Oils on Clothes?
Spraying essential oils on clothing is a popular practice among people trying to create pleasant scents in their wardrobe. Essential oils have a variety of therapeutic and calming benefits and offer an easy and cost effective way to keep your clothing smelling pleasant. But, is it safe to spray essential oils on clothing?
Pros of Spraying Essential Oils on Clothing
- Long-Lasting Scent: Essential oils have a very long lasting scent, and with just a few spritzes, you can enjoy a pleasant aroma for days or even weeks.
- Easy and Mess Free: Spray bottles make it easy to use essential oils to freshen up clothing. And you won’t have to worry about spills, drips, or wastage.
- Inexpensive: Essential oils offer an affordable way to make clothing smell amazing. With teeny tiny amounts, you can have an entire wardrobe smelling great.
Cons of Spraying Essential Oils on Clothing
- Might Stain Clothing: Essential oils can be quite strong and when used on sensitive materials, they can cause staining. Better not to take the chance and spray essential oils on fabrics that might stain.
- Not Recommended on Synthetic Materials: The chemicals used to manufacture synthetic materials might react with the oils. To be safe, use natural fabrics like cotton, linen, bamboo etc.
Overall, spraying essential oils on clothing is generally a safe practice as long as you exercise common sense and use the oils on natural fabrics and steer clear from sensitive garments. However, before spraying, bear in mind the long-lasting nature of the oils and be careful not to worsen the scent by overdoing it.