How to use a Clothes Steamer on Your Face
Using a clothes steamer on your face may sound strange, but it can be an effective and gentle method of deep cleansing and skin rejuvenation. While a regular steamer will do the job, you can also purchase one designed specifically for facial use. Here’s what you need to know about using a clothes steamer on your face:
Benefits of Steaming Your Face
Using a clothes steamer on your face has the following benefits:
- It helps remove impurities – Steaming your face helps remove dirt, oil and makeup residue from your skin.
- It promotes circulation – The heat from steaming your face helps to increase blood circulation, which can help plump and smooth the skin.
- It helps unclog pores – The high temperature from the steam helps to unclog pores, which can reduce oiliness and lessen the appearance of blackheads and whiteheads.
- It helps to relax skin – Steaming your face helps to relax your skin and can help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- It helps to hydrate skin – The steam helps to add moisture to your skin, which can help keep it looking healthy and hydrated.
How to Steam Your Face
Using a clothes steamer on your face is a relatively easy and safe process. Here’s what you need to do:
- Cleanse your face – Start by cleansing your face with your regular cleansing method. This will help remove any dirt, makeup or products on your face before steaming.
- Fill the steamer with water – Fill your steamer with water according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Make sure you don’t overfill it, as it can cause splashing.
- Turn on the steamer and wait – Turn the steamer on and wait for it to reach full temperature. This should take around five minutes.
- Hold the steamer at least 10 inches away from your face – Make sure the steamer is at least 10 inches away from your face. This will ensure you don’t burn your face with the hot steam.
- Steam your face – Once the steamer is ready and at a safe distance, place your face above the steam so that it envelops your face. Make sure you keep your eyes closed.
- Steam for 5 to 10 minutes – Allow the steam to envelop your face for 5-10 minutes, or until it begins to dissipate.
- Cleanse your face again – Once you’re done steaming, cleanse your face again with your regular method. This will help remove any excess dirt the steam may have loosened.
- Moisturize – Finish off by moisturizing your face.
Using a clothes steamer on your face can be a great way to deep clean, unclog pores and increase circulation in your skin. Just make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully and always keep the steamer at least 10 inches away from your face.