Can You Use a Clothing Steamer to Remove Wallpaper?
Clothing steamers are an essential part of many people’s laundry routine but do you know that you can also use them for more than just freshening up clothes? You can use a clothing steamer to help remove wallpaper from your walls.
What is the best way to use a clothing steamer to remove wallpaper?
Removing wallpaper with a clothing steamer is relatively straightforward and can make the task a lot easier and quicker than it would be if done with other methods. It’s important to keep in mind that depending on the type and quality of wallpaper, it might not work as well as you might expect.
Here are the steps to using a clothing steamer to remove wallpaper:
- Fill the steamer with water according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Let the steamer heat up for a few minutes.
- Move the steamer’s head over the wallpaper in a slow, back and forth motion.
- Continue this motion until you can easily peel the wallpaper off.
- If needed, you can use a putty knife to help loosen the wallpaper.
- Clean the steamer’s head to prevent clogged steam holes.
What are the benefits of using a clothing steamer to remove wallpaper?
Using a clothing steamer to remove wallpaper has several advantages:
- It can save you time because it’s much faster than other methods.
- It’s gentler on the walls than other methods like scraping with a putty knife.
- It enables you to control the heat to reduce the risk of damaging the surfaces behind the wallpaper.
- It makes wallpaper removal less messy and unpleasant.
Using a clothing steamer to remove wallpaper can be a great time-saving solution and make this difficult task a bit easier. Make sure you always follow the manufacturer’s instructions and take the necessary safety precautions.