Washing Clothes with Apple Cider Vinegar
Washing your clothes with apple cider vinegar can be an effective substitute for your usual detergent. Many people in the green community swear by it and say that it can help get rid of bacteria and bad smells while also making clothes softer.
The Benefits of Washing Clothes with Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has many benefits when used for laundry:
- It is an all-natural and eco-friendly alternative to synthetic laundry detergents. It is made from apples and its natural pH balance makes it gentle on fabrics while still being an effective cleanser.
- It can help remove bacteria and bad smells. Its anti-bacterial qualities make it a great choice for fighting odors and making clothes smell fresh.
- It can make clothes softer. This is because the acid in the vinegar helps remove residues from fabric, resulting in softer clothes.
- It can reduce static. Apple cider vinegar helps remove detergent that can build up on fabrics and cause static.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar in Laundry
Using apple cider vinegar in your washing machine is easy. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Add 1/2 cup of vinegar to your washing machine along with your detergent.
- Wash your clothes as usual.
- When the cycle is finished, add a 1/2 cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle.
It is important to note that vinegar should not be used directly on fabrics, as it can cause discoloration. When washing clothes with a vinegar solution, it is best to use a cold wash cycle.
Washing your clothes with apple cider vinegar can be an effective and eco-friendly alternative to using laundry detergent. It has many benefits, including removing bacteria and bad smells, making clothes softer, and reducing static. It is easy to use, simply add vinegar to the wash and rinse cycles of your washing machine.