Can you Use Pine-Sol On Colored Clothes?
Using the right cleaning products on your clothes is key in keeping them looking great and new for as long as possible. Pine-Sol is an all-purpose cleaner that effectively and efficiently removes dirt, grease, oil, and various other soils from a multitude of surfaces, including floors, but can it be used on clothes?
Pine-Sol for Colored Clothes?
The answer is yes, Pine-Sol can be used safely on colored clothing to remove stubborn, ground-in dirt, grass, and food stains. However, a small amount of the product should be tested on an inconspicuous spot of the garment first to ensure no discoloration will occur prior to using it on all the affected areas.
Here are some instructions on how to safely use Pine-Sol on colored clothes:
- Pre-treat: Pre-treat the dirtiest areas of the clothing with Pine-Sol, directly on the stain. Let the Pine-Sol sit on the fabric for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse: Rinse off the Pine-Sol with cold water.
- Wash: Wash the clothing in cool or cold water, using a mild laundry detergent, such as Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent.
- Rinse: Rinse the clothing again in cold water. This will help ensure all the Pine-Sol has been removed from the fabric.
- Dry: Finally, dry the clothing as indicated on the fabric care label.
Pine-Sol should never be used on embroidered fabrics, silk, wool, and other fabrics that require special handling. And the product should never be used on delicate fabrics, such as jerseys and lingerie, as it may cause damage to the fibers.
Overall, Pine-Sol is a great all-purpose cleaner that can be safely used to remove stubborn dirt and stains from colored clothing, as long as the directions are followed carefully.