Bath Towel Care Basics
When it comes to maintaining fresh, clean towels, there are some basics every home should follow. Knowing whether you can wash bath towels with clothes is an important part of keeping your towels looking, feeling and smelling great for years to come.
How To Wash Bath Towels:
- Choose the Right Detergent You should always use a gentle and mild detergent on your towels, avoiding any harsh chemicals, bleach or bleaching agents. Look for a detergent designed for delicates.
- Use a Separate Load While it may be tempting to throw your towels in with your clothing, towels should always be washed in a separate load. This helps reduce lint and also reduces the risk of any colour bleeding.
- Wash on a Low Temp You should select a washing programme with a low temperature to avoid damaging your towels. Washing on a warm or cold setting will be more than enough to get your towels clean.
- Keep the Load Small Over-packing your washing machine can reduce the effectiveness of your cleaning. Make sure you keep the load size for your towels small so that all of your items get an effective clean.
- Don’t Over Dry Take care not to dry your towels on too high a setting or for too long, as this can damage the fabric, therefore reducing their lifespan.
Can You Wash Bath Towels With Clothes?
The answer is no, you should not be washing your bath towels with your clothing. This is because the towels are typically made from a more robust fabric and have a much higher potential to shed lint and cause colour runs.
By following all of the tips above and taking extra care, you can ensure your bath towels stay looking, feeling and smelling great for many years to come.