Can You Wash Clothes After New Year’s?
New Year’s is a special time full of joy and festivities. Now that the night has ended, there may be a question on your mind: can you wash the clothes from New Year’s?
The answer is: yes and no. There are certain types of New Year’s clothing that are better off not being washed and some that can be washed with few precautions.
Clothing That Shouldn’t Be Washed
There are a few items that should not be washed:
- Satin or Silk Clothing – these fine fabrics should not be washed, as this will cause them to wear down and lose their vibrancy.
- Embellishments – beaded, sequin, and other embellishments can become damaged in a washing machine.
- Costume Pieces – From masks to wigs, these items should be hand-washed.
Clothing That is Safe to Wash
Fortunately, there are many items that you can safely wash:
- Cotton and Polyester Clothing – these materials can be washed in a washing machine with no problem.
- Leather or Suede – these materials should be spot-cleaned rather than being put in a washing machine.
- Athletic Gear – clothes like sweatpants and workout shirts can be washed as long as they are not decorated.
If you are unsure whether or not a certain clothing item is safe to wash, it is best to err on the side of caution and spot-clean it. To ensure that your clothing is properly taken care of, follow the care instructions as listed on the tag.
No matter what type of clothing you choose to wear for New Year’s, you can stay safe knowing that you can continue wearing your favorite pieces for many years to come.