Can you Wash Clothes on New Year’s Eve?
On New Year’s Eve, everyone is busy party planning and thinking of ways to have an incredible start to the year. Amidst all this planning, one will sometimes forget about mundane tasks, such as laundry. So, can you wash clothes on New Year’s Eve? Let’s find out.
What to Consider
When considering whether or not to do laundry on New Year’s Eve, there are a few factors to take into account:
- Availability of the Laundromat: On New Year’s Eve, laundromats might be closed or have reduced hours. Some may even be closed for the entire holiday!
- Your Time and Patience: Doing laundry on a holiday may require more time and patience. You might have to wait for a machine to become available, and the entire process might take many hours.
- Loud Noises: New Year’s Eve is a time of celebration! If you are doing laundry at the same time, the loud noises from the washer and dryer may interfere with your enjoyment of the celebrations.
What to Do Instead
If doing laundry on New Year’s Eve isn’t a feasible option, here are some things you can do instead:
- Get all your laundry together ahead of time, and drop it off at a local dry cleaners. Many dry cleaners are open on New Year’s, so you can pick it up the following day.
- Ask a friend or family member who isn’t celebrating the holiday with you to pitch in and do the laundry in exchange for a nice gift.
- Set aside one hour during the day to do a quick wash and fold. This way, you can focus on the holidays, and you won’t miss out on important festivities.
Although it is possible to do laundry on New Year’s Eve, it may not always be a great idea due to time constraints and other factors. There are lots of alternatives available to make sure that your laundry doesn’t become a burden on New Year’s.
Happy New Year!