Can You Wash Clothes With Only Water?
It may seem strange to some, but the answer is yes – you can wash clothes entirely with water. Though the use of any soaps or detergents will provide a better result (as well as alleviate any germs that may be present on your clothing), you can still achieve a result that will leave your laundry clean and fresh.
How To Wash Clothes With Only Water
This system does require a bit of extra effort, but the steps for washing clothes with water only aren’t too difficult to follow. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Soak Garments in Warm Water: Before starting your washing process, soak the garments you’re wanting to clean in warm water. This helps to loosen stuck-on dirt or debris – making them easier to clean.
- Hand-Scrub Garments in the Water: Depending on how much dirt/debris is stuck to the fabric, it’s best to hand-scrub the items in the warm water. This may take some additional effort to get the garments clean.
- Rinse the Garments with Clean Water: Once you’ve scrubbed the clothes clean, it’s beneficial to rinse the garments with a fresh batch of warm to cool water. This washes away any dirt/debris that was loosened up during the scrubbing phase.
- Air Dry the Clothing: After being wiped down with a towel to get rid of excess moisture, it’s best to let the clothes air dry on a rack or in a sunny area.
Advantages of Washing Clothes with Water Only
There are multiple advantages to washing clothes with water only, such as:
- It’s Sustainable: This naturally-based system of cleaning clothes minimizes the amount of chemicals and soaps being used – making it a more sustainable solution.
- It’s Cost-Effective: As the only cost associated is the water itself, it’s quite a cost-effective option compared to using detergents and other cleaning agents.
- It’s Easy to Do: As noted above, the steps required to clean clothes with only water isn’t overly difficult to complete. Plus, it doesn’t require any special equipment that’s needed for other washing methods.
Washing clothes with only water is an effective and sustainable way to keep your laundry clean and fresh. Though it does require a bit of extra effort, it’s still an easy and cost-effective option. By following the steps outlined above, you’ll be able to successfully wash your clothes with just water.