Can You Wash Slime Out of Clothes?
As parents, the last thing we want is to find ourselves in a situation where our children’s clothes are covered in slime! Luckily, there are a few easy steps to take if you ever find yourself in this situation.
The best way to get slime out of clothes will depend on the fabric and it’s best to start with the most gentle method:
- Soak: Soak the item in hot, soapy water and let it sit for at least an hour.
- Scrape: Use a dull knife or spoon to scrape off any slime residue.
- Wash: Wash the item in the washing machine on a gentle cycle, using a mild detergent.
- Repeat: If necessary, repeat these steps until the slime is gone.
When washing slime out of clothes, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Check the Care Label: Check the care label before attempting to remove slime. If the fabric is delicate, delicate detergents may be necessary.
- Test on a Small Area: If you are uncertain how the detergent might affect the fabric, test a small area before tackling the whole item.
- Never Rub or Scrub: Always scrap, never rub or scrub. Rubbing or scrubbing can damage delicate fabrics.
Getting slime out of clothes is possible, but it does require a bit of patience and care. If you follow the steps outlined in this article, you should be able to remove the slime from your children’s clothes with no problem!