Can You Wash White Towels with White Clothes?
Having a large group of people in a home necessitates large loads of laundry to be done frequently. The question then becomes, can you wash white towels with white clothes?
Pros of Washing White Towels with White Clothes
- Efficient Use of Resources – Washing white towels with white clothes maximizes the efficiency in which the washing resources (time, energy and water) are used.
- Money-Saving – Disposable paper towels add up over time. Therefore, having the ability to wash white towels with white clothes helps to reduce costs in the long run.
- Removes Stains – Washing white towels with white clothes along with detergent helps to remove any kind of stain on the laundry.
Cons of Washing White Towels with White Clothes
- Shrinkage – Cotton towels, in particular, can shrink when they are washed with white clothes. This is a common issue that is resolved by selecting a cool water setting and washing the towels separately.
- Stiffness – When washed with white clothes, white towels can become quite stiff, losing much of their softness from previous washes.
- Colors Loss, Fading and Transfer – Colors from clothes and towels can transfer to each other during the wash cycle. The whites can also start to fade if washed too heavily.
In conclusion, it is possible to wash white towels with white clothes. However, it is important to take note of the cons before proceeding, to ensure that the desired results are achieved with minimal damage done to the fabrics being washed. With the right settings, it can be a great help to properly maintain your laundry.