Clothing for Heavy Women
Being a heavy woman can be difficult when it comes to finding clothing that fits and flatters. But it doesn’t have to be that way – here are some tips on finding the right clothing for your body type.
Colors and Patterns
- Opt for darker colors, such as black, navy blue and dark brown, as they will be more slimming and flattering.
- Pick patterns judiciously, as too-busy patterns can make you look larger.
- Go for vertical stripes and linear patterns, as they will create the illusion of a longer and slimmer silhouette.
Fabrics and Cuts
- Avoid fabrics that are too clingy or too flimsy, which will emphasize the bulky parts of your body.
- Look for fabrics with more structure and weight, such as denim, tweed and wool.
- Look for clothes with an Empire waistline (waistline is higher than the belly but below the bust) or A-line silhouettes to flatter your figure.
Fit is Everything
- Always try on clothes before you buy them – it is the best way to make sure they fit properly and flatter your figure.
- Don’t be afraid to go up a size if necessary to find the perfect fit – baggy clothes will make you look bigger, so purchase whatever size fits your body best.
Finding clothing that fits and flatters your body type can be a challenging task, and this is especially true when it comes to finding clothing for heavy women. Hopefully, these tips can help make the process a little easier and help you find the perfect pieces to suit your needs.