Dress Clothes for Men
Dressing for success starts with looking your best, and for men, that often includes donning a dressier outfit. Achieving the perfect dressy look requires understanding the dress clothes code and what types of attire are appropriate for different occasions.
Suits: The Foundation of Men’s Dress Clothes
To look sharp in dressier situations, a suit is the way to go. Men can choose the following types of suits in various styles, fabrics and colors:
- Traditional Suit: A traditional suit consists of a matching jacket and trousers. These come in many varieties, including single- and double-breasted jackets.
- Classic Blazer: A classic blazer is similar to a traditional suit jacket and is usually a bit more slim-fitting. Blazers do not come with matching trousers.
- Tuxedo: A tuxedo is a standout choice for formal occasions like black tie weddings and galas. A tuxedo is typically made from black wool or cotton velvet and has canvas in the chest area.
Shirt and Trouser Combinations
Sometimes a full suit is not necessary. Instead, men can opt to pair together casual-dress shirts and formal trousers for a polished look. For this combination, men can choose from various types of shirts and trousers:
- Shirts: Dress shirts come in a variety of fabrics and fits, and their collars can be either spread or pointed. Men should also take their tie into consideration when picking a shirt.
- Trousers: Formal trousers are usually made of wool and have pressed creases. It is important to choose a pair of trousers with the correct fit. They should be just long enough to reach the top of the heel and should sit comfortably on the waist.
Accessories to Complete the Look
Finally, adding accessories to your dress clothes is a great way to personalize your look. Men can complete their dressier outfits by adding:
- Ties: Ties come in a variety of fabrics and prints. Choose a complementary tie when wearing a suit for an elevated look.
- Pocket Squares: Pocket squares can add a pop of color and personality to a suit jacket. Choose from various patterns and textures.
- Cufflinks: Cufflinks are great for formal events like weddings and galas. Choose a set of cufflinks to express yourself.
Getting dressed for dressier events can be a challenge. By brushing up on men’s dress clothing, men can easily dress for success.