Getting Cat Hair Out Of Clothes When Washing
If you live with cats, you know there’s no escape from cat hair, even when it comes to laundry day! Cats shed hair everywhere, and some can especially like to rub up against your clothing, so it’s important to know how to remove their fur before washing your clothes. Here are a few tips to help get cat hair off your clothes and out of your washing machine:
Steps to Remove Cat Hair From Laundry
- Brush or shake it off. To start, brush or shake your clothes outside to try and remove some of the fur before placing them in the washing machine. Make sure you’re standing on an outdoor surface that’s easy to clean – your patio or driveway are both good choices.
- Tape it up. You can also try using tape as a cat hair remover. Take some packing tape or masking tape and firmly press it onto the cat hair on your clothing and then pull it off. This should remove the fur for you.
- Use a lint roller. If you want to take an even more straightforward approach, simply use a lint roller or a lint brush to roll the fur off your clothing.
- Toss in a dryer sheet. When laundering the clothes, add a dryer sheet to the washing machine to help keep the cat hair from clinging to your clothing. If you have a front loading washer, use the dryer sheet in the washing machine as usual.
- Clean the lint filter. After you’ve laundered your cat-hairy clothing, make sure to clean out the lint filter in your washing machine. If it’s clogged, it can cause your clothes to become wrinkled – so always make sure it’s clean!
By following these steps, you should be able to effectively remove cat hair from your clothes and get it out of your washing machine. And, you won’t have to deal with clumpy fur balls stuck in your clothes – which is always a bonus!