How to Pack Clothes When Moving
Moving can be a stressful process, but with the right preparation it doesn’t have to be.
Here are some tips for packing your clothes for an upcoming move:
- Sort and Purge: Before packing, sort through your clothing and get rid of things you no longer need or wear. This will reduce the amount of items you’ll have to pack and make unpacking at your destination faster and easier.
- Organize for Quick Unpacking: To make unpacking easy when you get to your new home, try packing your clothes by type and by room. For example, pack all of your bedroom clothes together and label the box accordingly.
- Start Early: Don’t wait until the last minute to start packing as it can be an overwhelming process. Start packing early to make the process more manageable.
- Pack Clothes Efficiently: When packing clothes, roll items and place them in vacuum bags to save space. Storing items this way can help you save on packing materials and storage space.
- Secure Fragile and Delicate Items: When packing fragile and delicate items such as sweaters and blouses, use acid-free tissue paper or bubble wrap to cushion them during transport.
- Secure Heavy Items: Make sure to use heavy-duty boxes for items such as coats and suit jackets. Place heavy items on the bottom of the box and fill in the empty spaces with light items to reduce the chance of items shifting during transport.
Following these simple steps can make your next move a breeze and ensure that your clothes arrive safely at your new home!