Tips for Packing Clothes for Moving
Moving to a new destination can be an exciting and daunting task. One daunting task is packing up your clothes. Luckily, there are many great tips you can use to make sure your clothes stay organized, protected, and ready to wear when you unpack!
Step 1: Decide What Clothes to Bring
The first step to successful packing is deciding which clothes you need to bring with you. Anything that is damaged, ill fitting or out of date, should be donated or thrown away. This will reduce the amount of items that need to be packed and limit the load size.
Step 2: Gather Supplies
Get the necessary packing supplies before beginning; you will need sturdy cardboard boxes, tape, plastic tubs, bubble wrap, and a marker for labeling the boxes.
Step 3: Start Packing
- Seasonal Clothes: Pack your seasonal clothes first, as you don’t want them taking up much-needed space in your suitcase.
- Shoes: Store shoes in boxes and fill them with newspaper to avoid any damage.
- Pants and Jeans: Roll pants and jeans into small tubes and store them in a plastic tub.
- Vacuum-sealed Bags: Place delicate items in sealed bags to keep them wrinkle free.
- Labels: Label each box with the type of clothes and the person it belongs to, this will make unpacking easier.
Step 4: Moving Day
On the day of the move, make sure all your clothes have been packed and labeled. You should also double check that all items have been accounted for throughout the process and that nothing has been left behind.
By using these tips, you can be sure that your clothes will stay organized and protected whilst moving to a new home. Have a happy, hassle-free moving day!