How to Remove Static from Clothes When Wearing Them
Dealing with static electricity when wearing clothes can be annoying and difficult. If you experience static cling when getting dressed, there are a few steps you can take to eliminate it.
Steps to Remove Static Electricity from Clothes
- Moisturize: Dry skin can lead to an increase in static electricity. Keeping your skin moisturized with a lotion or oil will help reduce static build-up.
- Fabric Softener Sheets: Place fabric softener sheets in your clothing while you are wearing it to reduce static.
- Use Metal Hangers: Hanging clothes on metal hangers can reduce static.
- Dry on Low Heat: Setting your dryer on low heat helps reduce static.
- Use a Humidifier: Adding moisture to the air in your home helps reduce static electricity.
- Spray with Water: A little bit of water will help dissipate the static electricity in your clothing.
Making small changes to your wardrobe and environment can make a big difference in dealing with static electricity. Follow these steps to reduce static when you are wearing your clothes.