Buying Mens Clothes at Otavalo Market
Otavalo Market, located in north Quito, Ecuador, is one of the most famous cultural and artistic markets in South America. It is also a great place to find quality men’s clothes at a fraction of what you would pay in a store. Here is a guide to what you can find at Otavalo Market and how you can buy it.
Types of Mens Clothes
At Otavalo Market you have the option to buy:
- Traditional Clothing – Here you will find beautiful traditional shirts, pants, hats and sweaters made of alpaca wool and intricate stitching.
- Streetwear – The hottest streetwear brands from both Ecuador and Mecico are on offer here, from rapper-style jeans to baseball caps in vibrant colors.
- Outdoor Wear – You can find a great selection of windbreakers, waterproof jackets and sweaters ideal for camping and hiking outdoors.
- Be sure to barter – The Otavalo market is famous for its bartering culture, so if you’re looking to get a good deal on clothes, it is definitely worth negotiating with the vendors.
- Check the fabric quality – Most of the clothing sold in Otavalo Market is made to last, but it’s always a good idea to check the quality of the fabric and stitching before buying.
- Arrive early – The best selection of clothes can be found in the morning when the vendors open up their stalls.
Head to Otavalo Market and you won’t be disappointed! With its vast selection of men’s clothes, you can expect to find something for everyone, no matter your style or budget. Remember to barter, check the quality and arrive early for the best selection.