Where to Sell Clothes: Retail & Online Options
If you’re a fashion enthusiast looking to make some extra cash, selling clothes might be the way to go! Here is an overview of the best options for selling your pre-owned clothing.
When selling through a physical store, you have a few choices:
- Consignment Shops: Consignment shops are stores that are strictly dedicated to selling pre owned clothing and accessories. When selling to a consignment shop, they’ll typically take a percentage of the sale when the clothing is purchased.
For example, some consignment shops will take 50% of the sale, while others may negotiate different deals.
- Flea Markets & Garage Sales: Flea markets and garage sales are more casual venues where you can do direct-to-consumer sales. These are typically weekend events, so you’ll just need to find the best venue near you, rent a booth or table, and price your items for sale. This is a great way to get some extra pocket money!
- Vintage Shops: Depending on what you’re selling, vintage shops are perfect for selling vintage clothing or pieces that have been around for years. These items have a lot of sentimental value, so prices for these items tend to be higher.
If you’d prefer to sell from the comfort of your own home, there are plenty of options to do so with online storefronts:
- eBay: eBay is a site that allows users to both buy and sell items. When selling on eBay, be sure to provide accurate descriptions and measurements. On eBay, you can arrange for pickup or delivery, as well as clearly outline the payment methods.
- Vinted: Vinted is an online platform that is dedicated to selling pre-owned apparelfor women, men and children. When selling on Vinted, you’ll be able to share your items on social media, making it easier to find new customers and expand your reach.
- Depop: Depop is another platform that is geared towards secondhand fashion enthusiasts. Similar to Vinted, you can share your items up to social media to make it easier to find customers. Payments are made through the app and the commission fee is relatively low.
No matter if you want to sell in a physical store or an online store, there are several options to get the most out of your pre-owned clothing. Have fun selling!