When Can I Wear Tight Clothing After Tattoo?
Getting a tattoo is an exciting experience, but it is important that you take proper care of the tattooed area to make sure the healing process goes without issue. This includes avoiding tight and fitting clothing that could interfere with the new tattoo work.
How Long Should You Need to Avoid Tight Clothing?
The healing process of a new tattoo may take anywhere from 2-3 weeks, so it’s advised to wait at least 10-14 days before wearing any tight clothing. During this time the tattoo will be very delicate, prone to damage and able to succumb to infections and other things if exposed to too much friction or pressure.
How Can You Properly Heal a New Tattoo?
Healing a new tattoo is a very delicate process and there are several steps you should take:
- Avoid direct sunlight – Keeping a new tattoo out of direct sunlight will help ensure it does not fade before it is even healed.
- Keep it clean – Cleanse the new tattoo twice a day at regular intervals with a non-scented, anti-bacterial soap or cleanser.
- Potion it up – Apply a thin layer of a dedicated tattoo aftercare lotion to help keep the tattoo moisturized.
- Avoid contact – Make sure to not let the tattoo come in contact with a lot of people or surfaces.
- Avoid tight clothing – As previously mentioned, avoid tight clothing until the tattoo has healed.
By following these steps and avoiding tight clothing for a minimum of 10-14 days, your tattoo should heal fine and look awesome for years to come.