When Should You Start Wearing Fall Clothes?
Fall is an exciting season as the leaves start to turn and the weather starts to cool. While there’s no set date when you should start to switch up your wardrobe, there are a few guidelines that you can follow to enjoy the most out of the season.
When to Shop for Fall Clothing
The best time to shop for fall clothing is typically the beginning of September. Stores will start bringing out their fall collections early and you’ll get the most selection and variety if you shop as soon as possible.
When to Start Wearing Fall Clothing
The key to enjoying the changing of the seasons is to make the transition slowly. For most of us, the weather still isn’t quite cool enough for heavier fabrics or for sweaters, so don’t expect to be busting out the boots and sweaters just yet.
Start by incorporating some of the classic fall prints, such as plaid and flannel into your wardrobe. You can also layer thinner fabrics like t-shirts with an open cardigan or jean jacket to create that fall look without sacrificing too much in terms of comfort.
What Fall Clothing Should You Buy?
Here’s a list of the essential items of clothing you should buy to keep warm and stylish throughout the fall:
- Cardigans or Flannels: Light layers are key to staying comfortable and stylish in the ever-changing fall weather.
- Jeans: Denim is always a classic and lightweight jeans will keep you warm and comfortable whether you’re pairing them up with a chic blouse or a sweatshirt.
- Knit Sweaters and Vests: When the weather cools down a bit more, bust out the knitwear. All kind of sweaters and vests are great layering pieces to keep you warm and look stylish.
- Boots: Whether you opt for ankle boots, Chelsea boots or knee high boots, they’re perfect for keeping your toes warm and giving your look that fashionable fall edge.
- Coats and Jackets: Invest in a classic coat to keep you warm and stylish. Leather jackets and trench coats are great for adding a touch of sophistication to your look.
Fall is the perfect time to switch up your wardrobe, but don’t rush it. Make sure to transition slowly and shop for essentials early so that you can enjoy the most out of the season.