When Do You Need To Buy Maternity Clothes?
Maternity clothes are one of the many necessities during pregnancy. As your bump starts to grow, you should think about investing in clothing that is designed to provide extra comfort and support. It’s important to know when you should buy maternity clothes and what types are best suited to your body.
When To Buy Maternity Clothes
The ideal time to buy maternity clothes is at the start of your second trimester. This is typically around the 16-week mark. At this point, you’ll start to show and your regular clothes may not fit correctly. Your pre-pregnancy clothes may pinch, poke and become very uncomfortable. It’s also important to buy maternity clothing that fits correctly and that you feel confident wearing.
Types of Maternity Clothes To Buy
To ensure that you feel comfortable throughout your pregnancy, here are some of the types of maternity clothes you may want to consider:
- Tops: Look for tops that come with panels, adjustable waistbands or drawstrings. Or, opt for stretchy materials like cotton or linen.
- Dresses: Choose a dress that is made of a stretchy material so that it can grow with your bump. Opt for one with adjustable straps or a wrap style.
- Jeans: Look for jeans with a flexible waistband. Look out for jeans with a pull-on style and adjustable sides.
- Underwear: Look for supportive bras and underwear that is designed for pregnant women.
- Maternity Support Belts: Wearing one of these can provide extra support for your belly and lower back.
Remember that maternity clothing can be an investment, so look for pieces that you can wear both during and after pregnancy. Also, you don’t need to buy your entire maternity wardrobe at once. Take your time and get to know your changing body.