Donating Used Mens Clothing in Metro Detroit
Do you have used men’s clothing that you need to get rid of and are looking to donate it? Metro Detroit provides numerous options for donating and the goodwill that the donations bring. This guide is designed to help navigation the generous and philanthropic networks available in the Metro Detroit area.
Where to Donate
- Detroit Rescue Mission Ministry – Located at 8251 E Jefferson Ave in Detroit. They offer simple and convenient donation boxes designated to men’s clothing. You can drop off your donations and join the fight against poverty.
- The Salvation Army – The Salvation Army has several locations in the Metro Detroit area for clothing donations. In Detroit, it is located at 16130 Kercheval Ave. You can recycle clothing items such as suits, blazers, jeans, and button-up shirts.
- The Purple Rose Clothing Foundation – This foundation is dedicated to providing gently used clothing to families in need. The Purple Rose Clothing Foundation is located in Detroit at 2101 W Vernor Hwy
- Green Street Clothing Donation – Located at 15600 Harper Ave in Detroit. Their mission is to reduce clothing waste and decrease poverty levels in Detroit. Donations are accepted Monday – Saturday.
- Detroit Goodwill Stores – The Goodwill stores accept gently used clothing donations year-round. There are several locations in the Metro Detroit area, including Detroit, Southfield, Troy, Wyandotte, and Dearborn.
- Organization for the Needy Inc. – This organization is a division of the American Red Cross and services Wayne County. Their mission is to provide clothing to those in need. It is located at 33 Everett Street in Detroit.
Clothing Donation Tips
- Make sure the items you are donating are in good condition and have not been washed or worn out. Holes, stains and tears reduce their value.
- Don’t forget to clean the items before donating. This will guarantee the donations are free from bacteria and other contaminants.
- Include hangers for those donating pre-worn clothing items.
- Go through the items you are donating. If you find something that you don’t want to donate, set it aside for later.
- Donating items can reduce waste and help those in need.
Donating used men’s clothing is a great way to clear out your closet and do some good for Detroit. Be sure to explore these outlets in Metro Detroit and turn your unused clothing into a helping hand.