Removing Candle Wax from Clothes
Accidents happen! Especially when dealing with candles. That’s why knowing how to remove candle wax from clothes is an important part of candle safety.
What You Need:
- Ice cubes
- Clean cloth
- Put a few ice cubes in a plastic bag and place it on the wax stain. Let it sit until the wax is hard.
- Scrape off the wax as much as you can with a butter knife or similar tool.
- Place a clean cloth in between the clothing item and the iron.
- Apply a modest amount of heat. Move the iron in a circular motion for about 15 seconds. Make sure to keep the iron moving constantly.
- Once the wax has become brittle, gently brush it away from the fabric.
- Spray a small amount of hairspray onto the stained area.
- Take another clean cloth and Gently scrub at the stain.
- Using a damp cloth and some diluted vinegar, rub the stained area.
- Wash and dry as usual according to the care instructions of your clothing item.
By following these simple steps, you should be able to get your clothes looking and smelling as good as new. Good luck!