Will Chapstick Come Out of Clothes?
Accidentally getting chapstick on your clothes can be a nightmare. You might find yourself panicking, frantically searching for a way to get the melted chunky mess out. Is there any hope?
Well, the short answer is maybe.
While it’s certainly not a guarantee, there are several methods worth trying.Here are some tips to help you:
- Put it in the Freezer: Try putting the fabric in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Once it’s chilled, use a butter knife or spoon to gently scrape off the chapstick.
- Use Rubbing Alcohol: Apply rubbing alcohol to the affected area, using a cloth. Start from the outside and work your way in, as rubbing too hard could remove the color from the fabric.
- Make Use of Laundry Detergent: Wet the area with lukewarm water and generously apply laundry detergent. Scrub the fabric gently with your fingers, then let the material soak for 10 minutes.
- Try Oil: Mix equal parts baking soda and oil – and you got a powerful stain buster! Rub it onto the chapstick stain, let sit and rinse out with warm water.
- Spray with WD-40: Spray the area with WD-40, rubbing it in with your fingers. Then use a cloth or brush to scrub the fabric. If the stain is persistent, repeat the process.
So as long as you act quickly, there are plenty of options for you to try and get chapstick out of clothes. Following the tips above will increase the chances of success.