Will Chocolate Come Out of Clothes?
Stains often scare us, especially when they are caused by something as messy and sugary as chocolate. It can be extremely hard to remove chocolate stains from clothing, but it isn’t impossible. Knowing what to do when a chocolate stain appears is essential to overcoming this sticky heritage.
Steps to Get Chocolate Out of Clothes
- Scrape off the Excess: The first step to getting chocolate out of your clothes is to remove any excess. Use a spoon or dull knife to scrape away any excess chocolate, butter, sugar and other solids from the clothing.
- Apply a Stain Remover: Once you’ve scraped off the excess chocolate, it’s time to move onto a stain remover. Spray or apply a reputable pre-treatment to the chocolate stain.
- Soak the Clothing: Allow your pre-treatment to penetrate thoroughly and then soak the clothing in cold water for 15 to 20 minutes. Bring your clothing out of the water and rub the stain gently with a soft brush if necessary.
- Wash the Clothing: After you’ve rubbed off the chocolate stains, it’s time to throw it in the washing machine on a cool cycle with a mild laundry detergent. Make sure that you check the clothing before drying to make sure that all of the chocolate stain is gone.
- Repeat if Necessary: If necessary, repeat the steps as above to remove any remaining chocolate stains from your clothing.
Tips for Getting Chocolate Out of Clothes
- Work quickly to remove any chocolate stain from clothes.
- Do not use warm or hot water, as this can cause the stain to set in.
- If the garment is delicate, such as silk and satin, it might be best to take it to a professional dry cleaner for treatment.
When faced with a chocolate stain on clothing, it is important to act quickly and not panic. By following the steps outlined above, you should be able to successfully remove any chocolate stains from clothing.