Will Crayon Come Out Of Clothes After Drying?
Crayons are great, but unfortunately, they can leave a huge mess behind if not used carefully. You may find yourself asking, “can I still save my favorite favorites?”. The answer is “maybe” but there are a few things to consider before you attempt to clean and dry crayon off your clothes.
Before you toss a crayon-stained article of clothing in the washing machine, it’s best to take some steps to pre-treat it. Doing this will increase the chances of crayon coming out of clothes after drying. The following suggestions may help:
- Dab the stained area with cold water and a paper towel to remove any excess crayon.
- Cover the stains with launder detergent and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Scrub the stained area with an old toothbrush.
- Rinse the stain with cold water.
Washing and Drying Your Clothes
After pre-treating your clothing, it’s time to move onto washing. It’s recommended to set your machine to a cold-water wash and rinse cycle. Do not use hot water as it can set the crayon into the fabric and make it harder to remove.
As for drying, it’s best to use the lowest heat setting on your machine and to check the clothes regularly. The heat from the dryer might be enough to set the crayon into the fabric, so you want to be sure to monitor this process.
Your clothing should come out of the dryer with the crayon satisfactorily removed. But if any crayon is still lodged in the fabric, there are a few more tricks you can try before sending it to the dry cleaner.
- Use an iron to heat the affected area and lifted the crayon.
- Apply Baby Powder to the crayon-stained area and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Wash and Dry the article of clothing again.
If you find yourself still struggling to remove crayon from your clothes, professional dry cleaning services may be the answer to your problem.
In conclusion, it’s possible to remove crayon from clothes after drying, but it’s best to pre-treat it, use cold water and the lowest setting on your dryer to ensure that the crayon is successfully removed.