Will Grease Come Out of Clothes?
Grease can be an absolute nightmare to remove from clothing, but with the right process it can be done. Here are some things to keep in mind when trying to remove grease stains:
- Act quickly – the sooner you treat the stain, the better chance you’ll have of removing it from your clothes.
- Pre-treat – use a pre-wash stain remover, but make sure to read the instructions before use.
- Use detergent – test a small amount of detergent on your garments first to make sure it won’t damage them.
Removing Grease Stains
- Soak the item in a combination of warm water and detergent. Let the garment soak for about 30 minutes to loosen the grease.
- Wash the fabric in hot water and regular laundry detergent. Make sure to use a scrub brush on the area of the stain that has not yet been removed. Hang the fabric to dry.
- Repeat the soaking and washing processes if the stain is still present. It may take more than one try to remove the grease completely.
- Vinegar can be used as a laundry aid. Use one cup of white vinegar per gallon of water and soak the item for up to 30 minutes.
- Baking soda is another way to treat the item. Rub baking soda into the stain, let it dry, and then brush off.
- Chemical solvents are available to help remove the grease and should be used only as a last resort, read and follow the directions for proper use.
In conclusion, it is possible to remove grease stains from clothing if the correct steps are taken. With a bit of patience and the right products, the grease will come out and your clothes will look good as new.