Can OxiClean Get Crayon Out of Clothes?
OxiClean is known as a powerhouse stain remover and can often remove crayon from clothes as well.
How to Remove Crayon from Clothes
To remove crayon from clothes with OxiClean, here’s what you need to do:
- Pre-treat the area with a dab of OxiClean
- Let it sit on the fabric for 5-10 minutes.
- Gently rub the area with your fingertips.
- If needed, use a soft bristled brush.
- Soak the item in OxiClean for 15-30 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- Wash as normal with a quality detergent.
- Use cold water – hot water can cause crayon wax to melt and spread the stain.
- Don’t put the item in the dryer until you are certain the stain is gone or it may set permanently.
Will OxiClean Work Every Time?
OxiClean can be an effective stain remover for crayon and other stains, but it may not work on every type of fabric or crayon color. Always test a small, hidden area of the fabric for colorfastness before attempting to use OxiClean. Don’t forget that timing is everything when it comes to stain removal. The sooner you treat the stain, the better your chances of success.